Accidents, personal injuries and insurance claims are here to stay. No matter how far into the 21st Century American's elect to drive (unless by the beginning of the 22nd Century we're all zipping around in our own personal space ship) motor vehicle accidents will continue to pile up; with no end in sight!
- There are more than 200,000,000 licensed drivers in the United States. (As of 2003 we're close to a yearly 7 million motor vehicle accidents, involving well over 3.5 million injuries).
- Car accident crashes cost society an estimated $4,900 per second. That's about $25,000 in the time it took to read this fact.
- Current records show that most American driver's will have a near motor vehicle accident 1 to 3 times per month and will be in a collision of some type on the average of every 5 to 8 years plus these records also indicate that licensed teenagers are 22 more times likely to get a speeding ticket than those who are 65 years of age or older.
- In 1896 there were only four cars registered in all the United States. Two of them collided with each other in St. Louis.
- By the year 2025 there will be 33 million people 70 years or older in America. This segment of the population will be growing 2.5 as fast as the total population. They will make up the largest percentage of the "turning left" and "rear end" accidents. Slowly but surely Senior Citizens have developed a higher accident ratio than teenagers. (This will, in time, seriously impact the typical Senior Citizen's pocketbook). And also, by 2025, the total costs for motor vehicle accidents in the United States will exceed 450 billion dollars.
- The world's most solitary tree is located at an oasis in the Tenere Desert in Central Africa. There's not one other standing tree within 31 miles. In 1960, it was smashed into by a truck.
- Up-to-date statistics clearly reflect that 1 out of every 5 Americans are involved in an alcohol-related car crash at some time in their lives and the day in which motor vehicle accident injuries occur most often is Saturday. Sunday is second.
FIVE CRUCIAL MEDICAL DEVELOPMENTS THAT HAVE SLOWLY BUT SURELY COME TO PASS. THESE WILL SERIOUSLY (AND FOREVER) IMPACT THE VALUE OF PERSONAL INJURY CLAIMS IN THE YEARS TO COME:
Copyright (c) 2003 by Daniel G. Baldyga. All Rights Reserved
DISCLAIMER: The only purpose of this article, MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT FACTOIDS has been created to help people understand the motor vehicle accident claim process
Dan Baldyga makes no guarantee of any kind whatsoever; NOR to substitute for a lawyer, an insurance adjuster, or claims consultant, or the like. Where such professional help is desired it is the INDIVIDUAL'S RESPONSIBILITY to obtain said services.
Dan Baldyga worked for over 30 years as an insurance adjuster, supervisor, manager and trial assistant. Since his retirement he has written 3 highly successful "How To" Insurance Claim books. His latest: AUTO ACCIDENT PERSONAL INJURY INSURANCE CLAIM (How To Evaluate And Settle Your Loss) which includes BASE, The Baldyga Auto Accident Settlement Evaluation Formula for determining the value of ones "Pain And Suffering", can be found on the internet at http://www.autoaccidentclaims.com.
About The Author
For 30 years Dan Baldyga was a claims adjuster, supervisor and also a trial assistant. He is now retired and spends his time attempting to assist those involved in motor vehicle accident claims, so they will not be taken advantage of.
Life Insurance Information
Life insurance is a personal insurance plan designed to pay out a sum of money on the death of the policyholder. Life Insurance is an insurance that is taken out against a persons life. It will pay out either a lump sum or monthly contributions to the "trustee" or next of kin in the event of the policy holder's death.Life insurance is, as the name implies, an insurance policy taken out on an individual's life. As with any other insurance policy, regular premiums are paid by the policyholder to the insurance company - and should the policyholder die, then the policy will pay...(related: Insurance)
Check Out The Variety Of Auto Insurance Texas Style
They say everything is bigger and better in Texas, and this is true when you look at the wide variety of different auto insurance companies offering auto insurance. Texas drivers have to consider four main options when they choose an auto insurance company....(related: Insurance)
If You Rent A Home, Protect It By Buying Renters Insurance
Renters insurance is often overlooked by people who are renting their house or apartment. Many people don't realize that their landlord's insurance only covers the building that you live, there in no coverage for your personal belongs. Renters insurance...(related: Insurance)
10 Ways To Save On Car Insurance
For most people car insurance is a the single largest insurance expense after health insurance. Rates are high and are forever climbing, at least it seems that way. You can save money on your car insurance premiums by following these easy to implement steps.1. Shop Around. Yes, it pays to shop and compare. Regulatory changes at the state level may have encouraged new companies to jump into the market, thereby increasing competition and reducing rates for consumers.2. Raise Your Deductible. A $200 deductible sounds wise until you learn that the cost for having a deductible at this threshold can drive your rates through the roof. Consider a deductible as high as $1000 to save on premiums. Yo...(related: Insurance)
A Life Insurance Quote Became Reality
Life insurance quoteThank goodness John took his life insurance quote seriously. It didn't prevent our daughters from wishing he were still here but thanks to his foresight they and I still have the things he worked for because he turned that life insurance quote into...(related: Insurance)
Home Insurance: Premium Protection In Case Mishap Takes A Rain Check
My whinstone house my castle is, I have my own four walls.This is truth for every home owner. Your home, your castle, your prized possession, your territory - which is certainly more than four walls. You would do anything to protect it against damage and injury. Damage and injury? Is that too dark a statement? Perhaps. But it is also very probable. Mis-happenings and accidents are things that don't have an allotted time slot. Nobody can calculate their coming and neither be prepared for it. You cannot be equipped to tackle them head on but you can certainly equip your self for the repercussions. Home insurance are practically formulated for the said purpose, something that is unlikely you have not heard about. It is also unlikely that you have...(related: Insurance)
A Guide To Insuring Your Sailing Dinghy
If you've just bought a dinghy or are thinking about changing insurance companies, Noble Marine's Guide to insuring your dinghy may help you decide the sort of policy you need.Both the cover provided by different Insurance Companies, and the service they offer, can vary greatly. Bear in mind that a cheaper policy may end up costing you more, if you have to make a claim and you should always check what cover is being offered before signing up.
Health Insurance Options For Entrepreneurs
One of the most important benefits employed people enjoy is health insurance coverage. It is also the single most costly expense for self-employed entrepreneurs. So what can you do to reduce ever increasing costs of health care coverage? Here are a few tips.1. If a medical bill seems excessive, try negotiatingYour doctor or the office manager who handles billing will probably be flexible, provided you make a valid case. When one woman in Texas was charged $900 for surgery and "consultation," she explained that she had visited the hospital just once, for surgery; her bill was promptly cut by $370.2. Contact a m...(related: Insurance)
Senior Life Settlements- A New Financial Dawn Emerges
When delving deeper into the market-driven research on the myriads of reasons, motivations, and/or rationales for senior life settlements - seniors selling their life insurance policies have surfaced in recent years. According to studies by key industry players, policyholder rationales for selling life policies are to be identified on one of three levels, due to a combination of them OR influencers from all three levels working together to result in senior life settlement transactions:Individual: cash-need for major expenses, outlived need for coverage, needing different coverage or features, financial distressFamily / Estate: Change in beneficiaries (e.g., divorce, death of dependents), Second-to-die policyholder (i.e., spouse) has passed away, material change in the value of estateBusiness: Change in key...(related: Insurance)