Accidents, personal injuries and insurance claims are here to stay. No matter how far into the 21st Century American's elect to drive (unless by the beginning of the 22nd Century we're all zipping around in our own personal space ship) motor vehicle accidents will continue to pile up; with no end in sight!
- There are more than 200,000,000 licensed drivers in the United States. (As of 2003 we're close to a yearly 7 million motor vehicle accidents, involving well over 3.5 million injuries).
- Car accident crashes cost society an estimated $4,900 per second. That's about $25,000 in the time it took to read this fact.
- Current records show that most American driver's will have a near motor vehicle accident 1 to 3 times per month and will be in a collision of some type on the average of every 5 to 8 years plus these records also indicate that licensed teenagers are 22 more times likely to get a speeding ticket than those who are 65 years of age or older.
- In 1896 there were only four cars registered in all the United States. Two of them collided with each other in St. Louis.
- By the year 2025 there will be 33 million people 70 years or older in America. This segment of the population will be growing 2.5 as fast as the total population. They will make up the largest percentage of the "turning left" and "rear end" accidents. Slowly but surely Senior Citizens have developed a higher accident ratio than teenagers. (This will, in time, seriously impact the typical Senior Citizen's pocketbook). And also, by 2025, the total costs for motor vehicle accidents in the United States will exceed 450 billion dollars.
- The world's most solitary tree is located at an oasis in the Tenere Desert in Central Africa. There's not one other standing tree within 31 miles. In 1960, it was smashed into by a truck.
- Up-to-date statistics clearly reflect that 1 out of every 5 Americans are involved in an alcohol-related car crash at some time in their lives and the day in which motor vehicle accident injuries occur most often is Saturday. Sunday is second.
FIVE CRUCIAL MEDICAL DEVELOPMENTS THAT HAVE SLOWLY BUT SURELY COME TO PASS. THESE WILL SERIOUSLY (AND FOREVER) IMPACT THE VALUE OF PERSONAL INJURY CLAIMS IN THE YEARS TO COME:
Copyright (c) 2003 by Daniel G. Baldyga. All Rights Reserved
DISCLAIMER: The only purpose of this article, MOTOR VEHICLE ACCIDENT FACTOIDS has been created to help people understand the motor vehicle accident claim process
Dan Baldyga makes no guarantee of any kind whatsoever; NOR to substitute for a lawyer, an insurance adjuster, or claims consultant, or the like. Where such professional help is desired it is the INDIVIDUAL'S RESPONSIBILITY to obtain said services.
Dan Baldyga worked for over 30 years as an insurance adjuster, supervisor, manager and trial assistant. Since his retirement he has written 3 highly successful "How To" Insurance Claim books. His latest: AUTO ACCIDENT PERSONAL INJURY INSURANCE CLAIM (How To Evaluate And Settle Your Loss) which includes BASE, The Baldyga Auto Accident Settlement Evaluation Formula for determining the value of ones "Pain And Suffering", can be found on the internet at http://www.autoaccidentclaims.com.
About The Author
For 30 years Dan Baldyga was a claims adjuster, supervisor and also a trial assistant. He is now retired and spends his time attempting to assist those involved in motor vehicle accident claims, so they will not be taken advantage of.
Life Insurance Information
Life insurance is a personal insurance plan designed to pay out a sum of money on the death of the policyholder. Life Insurance is an insurance that is taken out against a persons life. It will pay out either a lump sum or monthly contributions to the "trustee" or next of kin in the event of the policy holder's death.Life insurance is, as the name implies, an insurance policy taken out on an individual's life. As with any other insurance policy, regular premiums are paid by the policyholder to the insurance company - and should the policyholder die, then the policy will pay...(related: Insurance)
Check Out The Variety Of Auto Insurance Texas Style
They say everything is bigger and better in Texas, and this is true when you look at the wide variety of different auto insurance companies offering auto insurance. Texas drivers have to consider four main options when they choose an auto insurance company....(related: Insurance)
If You Rent A Home, Protect It By Buying Renters Insurance
Renters insurance is often overlooked by people who are renting their house or apartment. Many people don't realize that their landlord's insurance only covers the building that you live, there in no coverage for your personal belongs. Renters insurance...(related: Insurance)
10 Ways To Save On Car Insurance
For most people car insurance is a the single largest insurance expense after health insurance. Rates are high and are forever climbing, at least it seems that way. You can save money on your car insurance premiums by following these easy to implement steps.1. Shop Around. Yes, it pays to shop and compare. Regulatory changes at the state level may have encouraged new companies to jump into the market, thereby increasing competition and reducing rates for consumers.2. Raise Your Deductible. A $200 deductible sounds wise until you learn that the cost for having a deductible at this threshold can drive your rates through the roof. Consider a deductible as high as $1000 to save on premiums. Yo...(related: Insurance)
A Life Insurance Quote Became Reality
Life insurance quoteThank goodness John took his life insurance quote seriously. It didn't prevent our daughters from wishing he were still here but thanks to his foresight they and I still have the things he worked for because he turned that life insurance quote into...(related: Insurance)
Home Insurance: Premium Protection In Case Mishap Takes A Rain Check
My whinstone house my castle is, I have my own four walls.This is truth for every home owner. Your home, your castle, your prized possession, your territory - which is certainly more than four walls. You would do anything to protect it against damage and injury. Damage and injury? Is that too dark a statement? Perhaps. But it is also very probable. Mis-happenings and accidents are things that don't have an allotted time slot. Nobody can calculate their coming and neither be prepared for it. You cannot be equipped to tackle them head on but you can certainly equip your self for the repercussions. Home insurance are practically formulated for the said purpose, something that is unlikely you have not heard about. It is also unlikely that you have...(related: Insurance)
Cheap Health Insurance Rates And Personal Health Insurance
If you've been out of school for a couple of years or perhaps just graduated from college, you're probably a candidate for cheap health insurance. Once a person reaches a certain age they're no longer covered by their parents health insurance plan. If you're just starting out it's important to find cheap health insurance coverage. If you've just graduated from school or just started work and y...(related: Insurance)
Life Insurance Beneficiaries
Naming a beneficiary for your life insurance policy can be a difficult decision to make, not to mention a tricky procedure. A person needs to research the different types of beneficiaries and the different ways to go.In naming a life insurance beneficiary, a person should always specifically name and individual or organization and state the proceeds go to the beneficiary.Multiple beneficiaries may also be another option to your life insurance policy. There is no limit to the number of beneficiaries on a life...(related: Insurance)
Car And Home Insurance Northern Ireland
Don't skimp on insurance. This probably doesn't sound like a way to save money. But keep in mind the purpose of insurance is to transfer to an insurance company the financial risk you can't afford to carry yourself. Without formal insurance, you are de facto self-insuring - meaning you'll pay out of your own pocket in the event of a financial disaster such as loss of a home or a serious illness.For example, many renters don't own renter's insurance, which covers the loss of their personal property (no, the landlord's insuran...(related: Insurance)