10 Ways To Save On Car Insurance
For most people car insurance is a the single largest insurance expense after health insurance. Rates are high and are forever climbing, at least it seems that way. You can save money on your car insurance premiums by following these easy to implement steps.
1. Shop Around. Yes, it pays to shop and compare. Regulatory changes at the state level may have encouraged new companies to jump into the market, thereby increasing competition and reducing rates for consumers.
2. Raise Your Deductible. A $200 deductible sounds wise until you learn that the cost for having a deductible at this threshold can drive your rates through the roof. Consider a deductible as high as $1000 to save on premiums. You can always fix minor mishaps on your own.
3. Drop Collision. If your automobile is worth less than two or three thousand dollars, consider dropping collision altogether. Sure, you will get nothing from your insurer if your car is totaled, but the savings you realize by dropping collision can be used as a down payment for your next car.
4. Look For Discounts. If your car has certain safety features, make sure that your insurer is aware of this. Older cars, for the most part, do not have air bags but if you have a model that has airbags, you will save money on your insurance.
5. Business Deduction. If you drive your car for business, a portion of your insurance costs may be deductible. Conversely, your rates may be increased if your insurer knows that you use your car more for business than pleasure.
6. Combine Policies. Purchase your homeowners, auto, and life insurance policies from the same broker and you may save on your premiums. Some insurance companies reward policyholders if they "one-stop" purchase all of their insurance needs through one company.
7. Consider Before You Buy. The Porsche Boxster may be your ideal car, but it could also sharply raise your insurance rates. Maybe a less sporty model would be ideal.
8. Driver's Ed Course. You may have taken a driver's education course and your insurance company has not factored that in when determining your premium. Let them know that you are a safe driver!
9. Deleted Points. If you had moving violations that were reported to your insurance company, make sure that your insurer adjusts your premium downward if several years have gone by since the occurrence. You could be paying a premium higher than you deserve.
10. Check Your Policy. If the insurer has the wrong address, town or zip code on your policy you could find yourself paying more than you should.
Reducing your car insurance costs should not be an impossible feat. By following these steps you should realize some savings the next time your policy comes up for review.
Matt Keegan writes articles designs websites through his online business at http://www.thearticlewriter.com
Insurance Claim - Medical Insights And Expenses
There's nothing that has a greater impact on evaluating a personal injury insurance claim than the damage done to your body, the medical bills that are a direct result of that injury and the "pain and suffering" you were forced to deal with.Besides botching up your body (and sometimes your love life) what else does the injury mean to you? It means a ton of financial expense's, including repairing your car, lost wages, a shock to your life style, a tremendous inconvenience and short or long periods of pain and discomfort - - all of it a direct result of your injuries.Plus, there's a long list of possible medical expenses. Fo...(related: Insurance)
Finding California Truck Insurance
It's very easy to find California truck insurance on the internet today. No longer does your search require numerous phone calls, faxes, brochures, going to the office and placing calls to (10) or so agents to find a decent California Truck Insurance quote.There is a certain amount of knowledge needed to properly provide accurate quotes and most agents don't develop the commercial insurance knowledge to comfortably work in that market segment.There are also a limited amount of companies that write commercial vehicle coverage so it does take a small additional effor...(related: Insurance)
Finding Life Insurance Quotes For Adult Children
Shopping for life insurance quotes for adult children isn't any different than it is for adults or seniors. Underwriting issues can vary a little but essentially life insurance quotes for adult children follows the same routine.Where we do see a difference is in qualifying. Some companies don't allow you to buy more than (2) times what the adult parent has, other companies may use other multiples. Underwriting also considers the premium paying capabilities of the person being insured and etc.A certain amount of caution exists when companies receive applications for children. A simple explanation on the back of the application will normally set everyone at ease. Being a advocate of carrying insurance myself I bought a liufe policy on my 12 year old son simple to get him started at an early age and lock in his rates forever. It als...(related: Insurance)
Car Insurance Monitoring For Discounted Insurance Rates - Privacy Devouring Monster Eating Us One Bi
For a price, would you let car insurer along for the ride? -asks a USA Today technology story by Kevin Maney. It seemsthat Progressive Insurance and IBM have worked out a scheme topay drivers to be safer - by monitoring their every move intheir own cars, and how fast they make that move, and wherethey park, and what time they drive.The program is being tested in Minnesota and in the U.K. in aprivacy busting program that rewards drivers for keeping underthe maximum speed limits and driving during safer times ofday. It's an interesting twist that is compared here to ashopper reward card that monitors what you buy, althou...(related: Insurance)
Dont Just Accept Your Car Insurance Renewal Quote
UK car insurance companies make substantial profits every year because a large number of existing customers just accept the renewal quote from their car insurance provider.Many people assume that because their first years premium was competitive they will continue to get good value for money from the same insurer. In fact, as an existing customer renewing your car insurance, you could be paying for discounts your in...(related: Insurance)
Insurance Claim Handling Online - Tpa Adjuster System
Claims management and administration software systems enable insurance claims adjusters, supervisors, and managers to process incidents and administer claims more efficiently and at a lower cost than traditional paper file and transport methods. Some areas that are made more efficient, thus lowering costs, are otherwise insufficient tracking and handling of medical provider billin...(related: Insurance)
Life Insurance: Who Needs It And How Much Do You Need?
Your friendly, neighborhood life insurance agent is most likely to answer this question with the word "everybody."The fact is, not everybody does need life insurance. If you don't have a family, you probably don't need life insurance unless, of course, you're a really nice person and just want to leave some money to a friend or a charity.If you do have a family, the question isn't do you need life insurance. The question is how much do you need?A life insurance sales representative may want you to apply some kind of formula. In years gone by, he or she might have told you that you need to buy insurance equal to four times your annual salary. So, if your annual salary is $50,000, you might have been told you need at least a $200,000 policy. Today, the same agent might tell you that you need eight times yo...(related: Insurance)
Insurance In Northern Ireland: Historic Difficulties
No doubt most readers will have heard of the Northern Ireland "troubles" or possibly seen some of those ghastly images from the seventies, eighties and early nineties on your television screens. Thankfully the worst of those dark days seem to be over. Unless you are a Northern Ireland resident you probably won't be aware of the impact the "troubles" has had on insurance premiums in that part of the world, especially on motor vehicle insurance rates.The lawless activities of those times saw a huge increase in vehicle theft for use in criminal activities or to build hastily erected roadblocks, usually resulting in cars, vans and buses being burnt out. So called "joyriding" was then and still is a big ...(related: Insurance)
Health Insurance For The Beginner
When it comes to your family, selecting the right health insurance plan could be one of the most crucial decisions you ever make. There are so many choices, but in a sense, for your loved ones there will never be enough. With plans changing from year to year, costs going up and down, it is a good idea to do a bit of research before finally purchasing your policy. It may take a little longer to aquaint yourself with the area of health insurance, however, i...(related: Insurance)
Saving On Auto Insurance: The Road To Reduction
The road to saving on auto insurance is something that every consumer travels at one time or another. And the quest is really not as difficult as it may appear. Saving on auto insurance can be a snap if you know the right places to look, and the best avenues to shop around.Here is a great way to save of auto insurance: driving safely. Driving with caution is one of the number one ways to keep those rates on the lower end. Insurance companies do not take too kindly to traffic tickets and auto accidents because they only increase their costs.Keep your credit in good standing. Some auto insurance companies will use your credit rating score in calculating your rates. So, if you’ve got a less than stellar credit rating, watch out! You may be dishing out more for your auto insurance than is ...(related: Insurance)