Cheap Insurance - Ten Ways
Cheap insurance? Auto insurance, life insurance, health insurance, liability insurance - whatever type of insurance you need, you can buy it for less. Try the following:
1. Raise you deductible. Why have a $100 deductible if a $1000 deductible won't break you? It may hurt to pay the first thousand someday, but what if meanwhile you saved several thousand? High deductibles mean lower rates. Of course, get quotes with various deductibles, to be sure you're saving enough for the higher risk.
2. Lower your coverage. Insurance agents secretly admit that people usually get sued according to policy limits. You'll be sued for more if your limit is a million than if it's a hundred thousand. A judgement beyond the policy limits is a scary thought, but this can happen no matter what your limits are. If you don't have many assets or much money in the bank, consider lowering your coverage to save money. Get quotes first, of course, to see how much you'll save.
3. Lower the insurance company's risk. Using seatbelts, not smoking, and having alarm systems can mean cheap insurance. Ask your agent about any discounts that are available.
4. Use an independent agent. Why limit yourself to one insurance company? Independents can show you the cheapest policy regardless of which company it's from. Just check a rating service to see if the issuing company is financially solid, especially when buying life insurance.
5. Drop your insurance. The insurance companies will hate me for this one, but consider eliminating some coverages. You need liability coverage on your car, but collision coverage on a $2000 car doesn't make sense. Invest the money elsewhere, and take the $2000 loss once or twice in your life, or maybe never.
6. Buy stocks instead of insurance. If you and your wife both have good incomes, it probably makes more sense to invest your money than to buy life insurance. If loved ones have enough income or assets, life insurance premiums are usually wasted money.
7. Get rebates. Some states that allows "rebating". California law, for example, allows agents to rebate part of their commission to you. If you live in a non-rebating stae, find a California company online!
8. Get the legal minimums. If you have no assets to protect, ask for state-mandated minimums on auto liability policies. Most companies give you their higher, more expensive "company minimums" if you don't push the point.
9. Review your policies. It is common for parents to still pay for health insurance coverage on adult children long after they are working and have their own coverage. See what other unecessary coverages you may be paying for.
10. Get several quotes. For cheap insurance, compare quotes from several companies, and ask about different policy options. One more thing: take notes.
Steve Gillman has been studying every aspect of money for thirty years. You can find more interesting and useful information on his website; http://www.EverythingAboutMoney.info
Japanese Overseas Travel Insurance
If you are an expatriate planning on long-term residence in Japan you can, after a one-year stay, become a part of Japan's national health program. Until that time, however, you're going to need Japanese overseas travel insurance.Some of the Japanese overseas trav...(related: Insurance)
Why Boat Insurance Is A Necessity
Boat insurance is necessary for all boat owners who live on or really value their boats. If it is something that you feel you must replace then you need to insure it. If you live on your boat it is absolutely necessary that it be insured. Who would want to lose their home?Also most boats are financed in the beginning. The lending company will insist on insurance in those cases just as they would with a house or a car. This is not unreasonable; they have as much to lose in the financial sense as you do if anything happens to the boat.Some areas are more dangerous than others for boaters. While some of those areas are famous or infamous 'the Bermuda T...(related: Insurance)
Finding Life Insurance Quotes For Adult Children
Shopping for life insurance quotes for adult children isn't any different than it is for adults or seniors. Underwriting issues can vary a little but essentially life insurance quotes for adult children follows the same routine.Where we do see a difference is in qualifying. Some companies don't allow you to buy more than (2) times what the adult parent has, other companies may use other multiples. Underwriting also considers the premium paying capabilities of the person being insured and etc.A certain amount of caution exists when companies receive applications for children. A simple explanation on the back of the application will normally set everyone at ease. Being a advocate of carrying insurance myself I bought a liufe policy on my 12 year old son simple to get him started at an early age and lock in his rates forever. It als...(related: Insurance)
Auto Insurance Basics
Most people only think that insurance is something they need so they can get their registration and tag so they can drive. It is something that they need because their license will be suspended if they don't get it. It's just a bother to some because people think "I don't get into accidents, I am a careful driver."Often times people will call for insurance and say give me the cheapest insurance or give me only what is required. Many people don't even know what this insurance coverage this is. A lot of people only really become aware of what coverage they have when they need it, like when they need to make a claim.When you run into that ...(related: Insurance)
Why Dont Insurance Companies Reward Us For Being Healthy?
Insurance is always a gamble, a bet actually.You are betting that you'll eventually get sick or hurt. And your insurance company is betting that you'll stay healthy.If you stay healthy your whole life, but still pay into insurance, that's great for the insurance company. Actually, it's great for you too, because you got to be healthy for your whole life. But you still lost the bet.So an insurance company is never going to reward you for being healthy. That's not the terms...(related: Insurance)
Life Insurance Providing Little Protection From Terrorism
Recent statements by the City of London Police Commissioner James Hart that future terrorist attacks in London's financial centre are, "a matter of when, rather than if", will increase already serious concerns over issues of personal and business financial protection.Mr Hart's statement pointed out that, "if you want to hurt the government, hurt people at the same time, and you want to cause maximum disruption...where better to hit than at the financial centre?"Mr Hart also echoed a report by the insurer Axa which warned that just under 50% of small firms do not have a plan in place to ensure that their business could survive should they be hit by an emergency or disaster. Axa highlighted that many businesses, especially in the South East danger zone, are not even covered against genera...(related: Insurance)
What To Do When You Suffer An Injury On The Job?
For over 30 years I have been representing injured workers in workers compensation proceedings and there are some basic errors that injured workers make time and time again.First, it is common for injured workers to ignore a serious injury for a day or even for a couple of days. This can be a serious mistake because the workers compensation insurance company will often deny a claim that is not promptly reported to an employer.Seco...(related: Insurance)
Health Insurance 101 For Individuals And Families
The changing healthcare and health insurance landscape in the United States has resulted in more individuals and families purchasing health insurance coverage on their own. Rather than touch on the number of reasons why this is the case, I would like to provide individuals and families finding themselves in this position with ten basic ideas to assist them with getting the best health insurance policy for their specific situation. Below is a combination of ten questions and suggestions that will provide the tools necessary to get a medical insurance policy that will best work for you ...(related: Insurance)
How Many Homeowner Insurance Quotes Do I Need To Save Money?
Homeowner insurance quotes can vary in the amount they cost you based on a variety of factors ? many that you can control. There are of course some variables that are common among all house insurance policies. They include the size of your house in total square feet, the building costs in the area that your property resides in, the materials used to construct your home, the amount of crime in and around your neighborhood and the condition of your home's plumbing, heating and electrical wiring. Do you live in an area that has numerous natural disasters such as fire, floods or tornados? If so they can add to the insurance costs.There are numerous ways to mitigate the cost of your insurance before you even decide to get homeowner ins...(related: Insurance)