Cheap Insurance - Ten Ways
Cheap insurance? Auto insurance, life insurance, health insurance, liability insurance - whatever type of insurance you need, you can buy it for less. Try the following:
1. Raise you deductible. Why have a $100 deductible if a $1000 deductible won't break you? It may hurt to pay the first thousand someday, but what if meanwhile you saved several thousand? High deductibles mean lower rates. Of course, get quotes with various deductibles, to be sure you're saving enough for the higher risk.
2. Lower your coverage. Insurance agents secretly admit that people usually get sued according to policy limits. You'll be sued for more if your limit is a million than if it's a hundred thousand. A judgement beyond the policy limits is a scary thought, but this can happen no matter what your limits are. If you don't have many assets or much money in the bank, consider lowering your coverage to save money. Get quotes first, of course, to see how much you'll save.
3. Lower the insurance company's risk. Using seatbelts, not smoking, and having alarm systems can mean cheap insurance. Ask your agent about any discounts that are available.
4. Use an independent agent. Why limit yourself to one insurance company? Independents can show you the cheapest policy regardless of which company it's from. Just check a rating service to see if the issuing company is financially solid, especially when buying life insurance.
5. Drop your insurance. The insurance companies will hate me for this one, but consider eliminating some coverages. You need liability coverage on your car, but collision coverage on a $2000 car doesn't make sense. Invest the money elsewhere, and take the $2000 loss once or twice in your life, or maybe never.
6. Buy stocks instead of insurance. If you and your wife both have good incomes, it probably makes more sense to invest your money than to buy life insurance. If loved ones have enough income or assets, life insurance premiums are usually wasted money.
7. Get rebates. Some states that allows "rebating". California law, for example, allows agents to rebate part of their commission to you. If you live in a non-rebating stae, find a California company online!
8. Get the legal minimums. If you have no assets to protect, ask for state-mandated minimums on auto liability policies. Most companies give you their higher, more expensive "company minimums" if you don't push the point.
9. Review your policies. It is common for parents to still pay for health insurance coverage on adult children long after they are working and have their own coverage. See what other unecessary coverages you may be paying for.
10. Get several quotes. For cheap insurance, compare quotes from several companies, and ask about different policy options. One more thing: take notes.
Steve Gillman has been studying every aspect of money for thirty years. You can find more interesting and useful information on his website; http://www.EverythingAboutMoney.info
Japanese Overseas Travel Insurance
If you are an expatriate planning on long-term residence in Japan you can, after a one-year stay, become a part of Japan's national health program. Until that time, however, you're going to need Japanese overseas travel insurance.Some of the Japanese overseas trav...(related: Insurance)
Why Boat Insurance Is A Necessity
Boat insurance is necessary for all boat owners who live on or really value their boats. If it is something that you feel you must replace then you need to insure it. If you live on your boat it is absolutely necessary that it be insured. Who would want to lose their home?Also most boats are financed in the beginning. The lending company will insist on insurance in those cases just as they would with a house or a car. This is not unreasonable; they have as much to lose in the financial sense as you do if anything happens to the boat.Some areas are more dangerous than others for boaters. While some of those areas are famous or infamous 'the Bermuda T...(related: Insurance)
Finding Life Insurance Quotes For Adult Children
Shopping for life insurance quotes for adult children isn't any different than it is for adults or seniors. Underwriting issues can vary a little but essentially life insurance quotes for adult children follows the same routine.Where we do see a difference is in qualifying. Some companies don't allow you to buy more than (2) times what the adult parent has, other companies may use other multiples. Underwriting also considers the premium paying capabilities of the person being insured and etc.A certain amount of caution exists when companies receive applications for children. A simple explanation on the back of the application will normally set everyone at ease. Being a advocate of carrying insurance myself I bought a liufe policy on my 12 year old son simple to get him started at an early age and lock in his rates forever. It als...(related: Insurance)
Auto Insurance Basics
Most people only think that insurance is something they need so they can get their registration and tag so they can drive. It is something that they need because their license will be suspended if they don't get it. It's just a bother to some because people think "I don't get into accidents, I am a careful driver."Often times people will call for insurance and say give me the cheapest insurance or give me only what is required. Many people don't even know what this insurance coverage this is. A lot of people only really become aware of what coverage they have when they need it, like when they need to make a claim.When you run into that ...(related: Insurance)
Why Dont Insurance Companies Reward Us For Being Healthy?
Insurance is always a gamble, a bet actually.You are betting that you'll eventually get sick or hurt. And your insurance company is betting that you'll stay healthy.If you stay healthy your whole life, but still pay into insurance, that's great for the insurance company. Actually, it's great for you too, because you got to be healthy for your whole life. But you still lost the bet.So an insurance company is never going to reward you for being healthy. That's not the terms...(related: Insurance)
Life Insurance Providing Little Protection From Terrorism
Recent statements by the City of London Police Commissioner James Hart that future terrorist attacks in London's financial centre are, "a matter of when, rather than if", will increase already serious concerns over issues of personal and business financial protection.Mr Hart's statement pointed out that, "if you want to hurt the government, hurt people at the same time, and you want to cause maximum disruption...where better to hit than at the financial centre?"Mr Hart also echoed a report by the insurer Axa which warned that just under 50% of small firms do not have a plan in place to ensure that their business could survive should they be hit by an emergency or disaster. Axa highlighted that many businesses, especially in the South East danger zone, are not even covered against genera...(related: Insurance)
Health Insurance Online - Save Today
It is now possible to thoroughly research and buy health insurance online. Without health insurance, the smallest of incidents, accidents, or illness can leave you with expensive medical bills that most people would have difficulty paying. Even a short check up at the doctor's office for a sore throat, or minor illness can cost a couple hundred dollars. It's important for everyone to obtain health insurance, no matter how healthy you tend to be- because you simply cannot pre...(related: Insurance)
The Importance Of Travel Insurance
You've finally saved enough to go on that dream vacation you've been planning. Now you're wondering if you should buy travel insurance. Do I really need to go to the extra expense? All I can lose is my luggage, right?Guess again! Anything can go wrong while you are traveling, and I strongly favor buying a policy.Most travel insurance policies are designed for a variety of travel needs but, I emphatically advise reading the fine print of any policy you purchase regarding any deductibles and health situations. You many find your policy won't cover pre-existing conditions that may cause a problem, or that the medical coverage is only for an injury or an illness -- not both. For emergency aid, travel insurance polices are generally dependable and affordable, but there a...(related: Insurance)
Motor Insurance With Pass Plus
Is pass plus really worth it? What motor insurance discounts are available to people who have passed the course? Is it easy?In the UK, pass plus is run by the driving standards agency who administer the course. Pass plus was set up by the DSA in conjunction with isnurance companies who wanted to reward young drivers who took a responsible attitude towards tehir safety on the road.The course consists of six varied one hour lessons. You can only take the course once you have passed your driving test. Your driving instructor has to be recognised to be able to instruct on the course.The process is that you take six lessons. Each lesson is designed to educate newly qualified drivers in ...(related: Insurance)