Cheap Auto Insurance Quotes ? Tips For Getting The Lowest Rate
Finding auto insurance quotes online is easy, but finding the cheapest auto insurance rates can be more of a challenge. To get the lowest quotes, follow these tips to help you find ways to trim possibly hundreds off your auto insurance quotes.
1. Give them details ? If you don't provide information about your zip code, marital status, car's safety features, and annual commuting miles, by default insurance companies will quote you a higher auto insurance rate. Provide as much detail as possible to make sure you get each discount that you qualify for.
2. Shop around ? Auto insurance rates can vary as much as 300% between companies for the same coverage. You can save hundreds of dollars a year by comparing prices between companies. Don't forget to check out your current insurance company, they may have lower rates for new customers that you may be able to negotiate for yourself.
3. Raise your deductible ? Higher deductibles equal lower insurance premiums. For example, increasing your deductible from $250 to $500, can save you a hundred dollars or more on your annual premium. However, plan on having additional financial resources to cover the deductible in case of an accident.
4. Cut the miles you drive ? For drivers who travel on average 40 miles or less a day, they qualify for a low mileage discount with most insurance companies. Consider carpooling or taking public transit a couple of days a week to reduce your car's mileage to qualify for the discount. By flying or taking a train for vacations instead of driving, you can further reduce the miles on your car.
5. Switch drivers ? For married couples, compare insurance quotes between the male as the main driver and the female as the main driver. You may get a lower quote if the female is insured on a truck and the male is insured on the minivan. Teens should also be insured on safer cars such as the family sedan, rather than a sports car.
6. Add an anti-theft device ? By installing car alarms or a tracking system in your car, you will get a discount from auto insurance companies. Since anti-theft devices reduce the risk of your car being stolen, insurance companies pass on the savings to you. A certified defensive-driving class can also reduce your premium for three years with most insurance companies.
To view our list of recommended companies for auto insurance online, who can give you multiple insurance quotes from different companies, visit this page: Recommended Auto Insurance Companies Online.
Carrie Reeder is the owner of eZerk, an informational website with articles and the latest news about various topics.
How Do I Calculate How Much Life Insurance I Need?
Life insurance protects you and your family from economic hardship as a result of death. It is an insurance company's obligation to pay the recipient of your cho...(related: Insurance)
Long Term Care Insurance How Much Should I Buy?
Long-term care insurance policies have a variety of features and it pays to shop around. It is quite easy in the final years of your life to run up extremely large care bills which could threaten your life savings, home and your children's inheritance. Okay some people do not care about their offspring so much as is evident by looking at the bumper stickers of the deluxe Recreational Vehicle Motor Homes; "we are spending our children's inheritance!"You need to ask yourself not only; "How much long-term care insurance shoul...(related: Insurance)
Understanding How Your Credit History May Affect Your Car Insurance Coverage
Many personal auto insurance companies consider your credit information when determining how much premium to charge for your insurance. So if you are calling around for new insurance, keep in mind that many insu...(related: Insurance)
Auto Insurance Basics
Most people only think that insurance is something they need so they can get their registration and tag so they can drive. It is something that they need because their license will be suspended if they don't get it. It's just a bother to some because people think "I don't get into accidents, I am a careful driver."Often times people will call for insurance and say give me the cheapest insurance or give me only what is required. Many people don't even know what this insurance coverage this is. A lot of people only really become aware of what coverage they have when they need it, like when they need to make a claim.When you run into that ...(related: Insurance)
Why Boat Insurance Is A Necessity
Boat insurance is necessary for all boat owners who live on or really value their boats. If it is something that you feel you must replace then you need to insure it. If you live on your boat it is absolutely necessary that it be insured. Who would want to lose their home?Also most boats are financed in the beginning. The lending company will insist on insurance in those cases just as they would with a house or a car. This is not unreasonable; they have as much to lose in the financial sense as you do if anything happens to the boat.Some areas are more dangerous than others for boaters. While some of those areas are famous or infamous 'the Bermuda T...(related: Insurance)
Everything You Need To Know About Life Insurance
Life insurance is a type of protection that can be bought and insures the buyer in the event of death. The risk that is assumed by the insurer is the risk of death of the insured. Life insurance is a very good purchase in order to protect a family, especially if you are the sole breadwinner. Additionally, life insurance can help pay for funeral costs and therefore ensure that your death will not be a financial burden for your family.It is important to understand the process of life insurance in order to truly grasp its value. A life insurance transaction has three parties: the insured, the insurer, and the owner of the p...(related: Insurance)
High Risk Auto Insurance - How To Lower Rates
How is your driving record lately? Do you have a large amount of speeding tickets or maybe a few car accidents on your driving record? High risk auto insurance generally means one thing for sure, higher car insurance rates. Even though high risk auto insurance rates are typically higher, there are a few things that you can do to reduce your costs now.There are other factors here as well. Insurance companies will continually deem men a greater risk than ...(related: Insurance)
Who Else Wants To Understand Travel Insurance Policy Language?
Aren't all travel insurance plans basically the same?No. When you read travel insurance policy language, remember that as with any legal document, the definition of the terms is what governs the working of the policy (including payment of the claim).I create hypothetical travel scenarios for training purposes. This includes contacting our travel insurance suppliers' claims departments to see how they handle a given scenario.A common concern of travelers are Pre-Existing Medica...(related: Insurance)
What Is Permanent Life Insurance?
Unlike term life insurance, permanent insurance policies such as universal life, variable universal life and whole life provide long-term financial protection. This type of insurance will cover you for the duration of your life and continued on time premium payments. Permanent poli...(related: Insurance)
What Is Travel Insurance?
Travel Insurance is designed to protect your health, belongings, and your financial investment in your trip. It provides peace of mind for you and your family while on your vacation.If you are travelling abroad, be it on business or pleasure it is a good idea to consider taking out travel insurance. Whilst it is not compulsory, most travel companies and tour operators usually insist on some form of insurance as a stipulation of their holiday product.Travel insurance is an insurance product specifically designed to cover you when travelling abroad. We all think about the small things when considering whether to purchase travel insurance, such as loss of money or having luggage stolen. However there are many other factors to consider such as illness & accidents which can also be ...(related: Insurance)
Mortgage Insurance Plans: How Good Is Yours?
Mortgage insurance, to pay off a mortgage, is something you'll inevitably be asked to take out by the bank. Mortgage insurance is necessary so that if something happens to you or your spouse then your loan will be paid off which is good news for your family and the bank. Banks act as if doing you a favour by offering mortgage insurance through their own group plan. Are they?Mortgage Insurance Is Probably A Much Better Deal From Any Number Of Insurance Companies.Mortgage insurance is no different than term life insurance; in fact it is term life insurance. With either, your policy ...(related: Insurance)
What To Do When You Suffer An Injury On The Job?
For over 30 years I have been representing injured workers in workers compensation proceedings and there are some basic errors that injured workers make time and time again.First, it is common for injured workers to ignore a serious injury for a day or even for a couple of days. This can be a serious mistake because the workers compensation insurance company will often deny a claim that is not promptly reported to an employer.Seco...(related: Insurance)
What Is Term Life Insurance?
There are two different types of life insurance, term life insurance and permanent life insurance. Term life insurance is the easier of the two plans. This plan supplies you with death protection for a pre-determined amount of time, anywhere from one to 30 years. If you happen to die while paying on this type of policy your beneficiary will be paid the amount of money you specified when purchasing the policy. If at the end of the term you are still living your death protection...(related: Insurance)